Back to News
2929 Weslayan in Houston, TX Awarded LEED Gold!
June 17, 2016
Congratulations to the entire 2929 Weslayan Project Team on today’s official USGBC Certification of the project as LEED Gold!
Here are some of the Green features of 2929 Weslayan:
- 96.68% of 2929 Weslayan’s regularly occupied spaces have access to views outside the building.
- Controllability of systems allows residents greater access to adjust lighting and HVAC usage.
- Low-Emitting Materials such as paint, carpet, adhesives and sealants were utilized throughout the building.
- 31.9% of construction materials were manufactured, as well as harvested/extracted/reclaimed within 500 miles of the project.
- Carpet products meet the Green Label Plus Standard. Wood products were manufactured with no added urea-formaldehyde.
- Construction materials contained 13.4% Recycled Content.
- 96% of Construction Waste was diverted from landfills.
- 2929 Weslayan is 26.41% more energy-efficient than code requires, and water use has been reduced by 38%.
- Sustainable Site
- Water Efficiency
- Energy & Atmosphere
- Material & Resources
- Indoor Environment Air Quality
- Innovation & Design
RTKL Associates Inc., Architect
Faulkner Design Group, Interior Design
Blum Consulting Engineers, MEP Engineer
Brockette Davis Drake Consulting Engineers, Structural Engineer
Bury Partners - Houston, Inc., Civil Engineer
Scott Oldner Lighting Design, LLC, Lighting Consultant
Studio Outside, Landscape Architect