El Paso, TX| Full-Time
The Shop Manager is accountable for equipment life cycle, from selection and procurement to disposal. Responsible for safe Shop operations. Oversees schedules and the prioritization of equipment assignment, repair, and maintenance. Supervises Assistant Shop Manager, Foreman, Drivers, and multiple mechanics. Establishes productivity goals and reports progress of work. Ensures shop operation yields an internal cost neutral effect on the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Models and reinforces safety as a top priority of the organization.
- Supervises shop personnel, conducting performance reviews, and implementing corrective actions Oversees maintenance and repair of equipment, both in the shop and at project sites.
- Ensures that all equipment is completely inspected at least once a year and is calibrated based on the manufacturers recommendations or government standard.
- Reviews employee training to ensure a skilled mechanic workforce.
- Ensures the shop is properly maintained, functional and clean.
- Ensures preventative maintenance is scheduled on equipment.
- Ensures service is scheduled on equipment for warranty compliance.
- Supports on the job projects including identifying all sources of equipment maintenance, fueling, repair and spare parts.
- Establishes productivity expectations and tracks the production and activity of the mechanic workforce.
- Supervises the inbound and outbound inspection process.
- Ensures the ready status of idle equipment.
- Participates in the equipment evaluation process to determine buy/sell needs. Also, purchases and sells new and used equipment as directed by Management.
- Accountable for the development and maintenance of files on all equipment for historical data
- Maintains a positive working relationship with other divisions of the company.
- Effectively trains, coaches, disciplines and develops employees to achieve and maintain positive working relationships within the maintenance shop.
- Achieves desired results through effective leadership and appropriate influence while adhering to established policies and procedures.
- Budgets and works closely with finance to prepare and execute capital expenditure plans.
- Reviews, verifies and approves maintenance mechanics time sheets on a daily basis.
- Authorizes over time, or off-hour work assigned to mechanics.
- Maintains current contact information for persons under his direction.
- Determines methods and course of action to achieve departmental and organizational goals through effective planning and efficient performance of the department.
- Strives for innovation within the department.
- Meets schedules and deadlines, adheres to policies and procedures and maintains a good attendance/tardiness record.
- Exercises good interpersonal skills by gladly assisting others to accomplish work of the organization, even if it is outside the scope of regular duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Division President.
Assistant Shop Manager, Foreman, Drivers, and Mechanics
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent field experience in the life cycle management of construction equipment.
- Minimum of five (5) years in the life cycle management of construction equipment.
- Experience in managing compliance of DOT Regulations: Minimum 5 years
- Experience in managing over 100 units: Minimum 5 years.
- Experience of managing maintenance & repair of heavy equipment: Minimum 5 years
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Current Drivers License
- Language: English and Spanish
Jordan Foster Construction is an EEOE