Heavy Equipment Mechanic
El Paso, TX Full-Time
Jordan Foster Construction is now seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic for our shop and field work. Responsible to perform maintenance and repair of construction equipment and vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs.
- Good understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Diagnosis & repair various pieces of heavy equipment.
- Identify & complete preventive maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand schematics.
- Capable of welding or willing to learn.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must follow direction to accomplish tasks independently without direct supervision.
- Strong work ethic with a focus on quality and safety.
- Positive attitude and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Utilizes small assortment of hand tools to complete tasks.
- Aware of safety precautions and understands safety and occupational hazards of work.
- Keeps assigned mechanic truck clean and well maintained.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- Valid Texas Drivers License (CDL Preferred)
- 3+ years of shop/field experience working on heavy equipment.
Jordan Foster Construction is a top-ranked U.S. construction company and one of the best general contractors in Texas. An award-winning leader in the construction industry. Jordan Foster has completed more than $8 billion of commercial, residential, hospitality, infrastructure, concrete and federal work since its inception in 1969. Jordan Foster recently won Best Residential/Hospitality Project of the Year Award from Engineering News-Record (ENR) magazine for Hebron 121 Station Phase II, and First Place in the Industrial/Warehouse over $5-million category in TEXO's Distinguished Building Awards for the JJ Lemmon Industrial Center.
ENR recently ranked Jordan Foster the largest Multifamily General Contractor in Texas and ninth nationwide in hotel construction. Multifamily Executive magazine ranked the Jordan Foster Residential Group the seventh largest Multifamily General Contractor in the nation.