Senior Estimator - Concrete Division
El Paso, TX | Full-Time
Jordan Foster Construction is seeking a Senior Estimator for the Concrete Division to aid in the overview of projects in El Paso, TX. This position will be responsible for the overall project estimate while providing leadership, training, and mentoring for their team under the Division President. Works with clients, architects/engineers, subcontractors/ suppliers to plan cost factors for building projects; analyzes construction documents, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for projects by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares estimates with the proper level of detail for all design stages:
- Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents.
- Assists with maintaining the estimating cost data base to ensure costs are up to date.
- As lead estimator, manages the estimating team in the assembly and submission of bids.
- Supervises and trains estimators and assists them in the preparation of estimates and bids.
- Consults with clients, architects, subcontractors, and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions, and resolve issues.
- Studies specifications to assist the operations team in planning procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Researches construction documents and analyzes specifications to determine estimated costs.
- Works with the operations team throughout the preconstruction process in reviewing plans and specifications for constructability issues and determining general requirements on the project.
- Creates, maintains, and manages the preconstruction / design schedule for projects.
- Has the ability to manage and track multiple preconstruction projects at once.
- Manage the subcontractor prequalification process and assure that awarded subcontractors have the proper experience
- and financial capabilities to perform on the project.
- Reviews design documents for proper information to receive accurate pricing from subcontractors and suppliers, generates acceptable value engineering ideas, and prepares life-cycle costing.
- Prepares quantity take-offs and estimates costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the contract.
- Works with the Virtual Design (BIM) to utilize Revit or other programs in generating quantities as may be available from design models.
- Assists the self-perform estimating team in determining the proper trades to pursue with Jordan Foster’s own forces and assures that the estimates are created with input from the operations team as to production rates, manpower availability and general requirements.
- Assures that self-performed estimates comply with the requirements of the overall construction contract with the Owner.
- Understands how to create proper bid packages and works with the design team on the information required in each package to assure complete bids and giving the field team the right information needed to start construction or maintain the project schedule.
- Assures that the project team acts with integrity and employs ethical behavior during all stages of the estimating process.
- Manages the subcontractor solicitation process and assures that the proper team members are part of the approval process for all bid lists.
- Hand off meeting with project team.
- Supervises and/or writes the specific and general instructions to bidders and required bid forms.
- Reviews subcontractor and supplier bids for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids.
- Presents and explains project budgets to clients, designers, and operations teams.
- Administers buy-out process and hand off to the Operations Team.
- Works with the Operations Manager in the creation of all final estimates to be given to the operations and accounting team for creation of the project budgets.
Familiarity / Proficiency with the following software or internet based programs:
- o BlueBeam
- o MS Excel
- o MS Word o MS Project (Scheduling)
- o Revit
- o iSQFT
- o HCSS
- o Timberline
- o Plan Swift
- Estimators assigned to their project team.
- B.S. degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years concrete construction experience with a minimum of four (4) years of estimating experience.
- Capability to complete large CM/GC, CMaR, and Design Build projects and large, complex competitive bid projects
- Independent sales strengths for presentations and projects pursuits
- History of successfully working internally with the operational team and externally with Owners, Architects/Engineers, and subcontractors.
Salary is negotiable for candidate that meets the minimum acceptable qualifications. The salary is adjustable based upon applicant additional qualifications and experience level.
Jordan Foster Construction is a well established company throughout the United States.
Jordan Foster offers its employees potential with opportunity for advancement, holiday and vacation pay, health insurance and excellent 401K plan.
Jordan Foster Construction is a top-ranked U.S. construction company and one of the best general contractors in Texas. An award-winning leader in the construction industry. Jordan Foster has completed more than $8 billion of commercial, residential, hospitality, infrastructure, concrete and federal work since its inception in 1969. Jordan Foster recently won Best Residential/Hospitality Project of the Year Award from Engineering News-Record (ENR) magazine for Hebron 121 Station Phase II, and First Place in the Industrial/Warehouse over $5-million category in TEXO Distinguished Building Awards for the JJ Lemmon Industrial Center. ENR recently ranked Jordan Foster the largest Multifamily General Contractor in Texas and ninth nationwide in hotel construction. Multifamily Executive magazine ranked the Jordan Foster Residential Group the seventh largest Multifamily General Contractor in the nation.
Jordan Foster Construction is proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace.