Built in 1910-1911, the Anson Mills building was only the second concrete frame skyscraper in the United States and one of the largest all-concrete buildings. The scope was to complete renovation of a 188,867-square-foot, 12-story historical building.
Work included complete demolition of all MEP systems, interior finishes, including windows to leave only the concrete shell portion and renovate to a state of the art office building/shopping area to include restaurant(s). All the historical elements were brought back to the way it was in 1915. A new 12-story office structure was attached to this facility.
Work also included new elevators and added access to the adjacent Centre building from the Anson Mills Building. A parking garage was attached to the Mills Building.